Weddings are expensive! And while it is the biggest day of your life it can be hard to keep opening your wallet for a one day event. There are many areas where you can save money or do it yourself, and still have the beautiful wedding day of your dreams. Check out these five ways to save on your wedding!
- Online RSVPs – With technology and social media it is easier than ever to send out a mass RSVP to all your guests. It saves money on the cost of printing and it also is way easier for your guests to simply respond YES or NO online than it is to send back their RSVP.
- The Food – Let’s be real the salmon or chicken isn’t the most exciting food choices and they can get expensive! Keep your menu lighter or even keep it with the theme of your venue. Such as a barn wedding could have BBQ to go along with the rustic theme of your wedding.
- Consider Alternate Dates and Times – Saturdays are the most common days for weddings. If possible see about a Friday or Sunday wedding. You can save money on the venue and even other vendors by having your wedding on a less common day.
- Keep It Intimate -That “best” friend from high school that you haven’t seen in ages doesn’t necessarily need to be on the guest list. Keep your guest list short and intimate with people you know you want there. Some brides say they invited old friends out of guilt because they had been invited to their weddings in the past; but I’d say a general rule of thumb is if you haven’t seen them or talked to them in the past year they probably shouldn’t be on the guest list.
- Decor – This is an easy one to DIY! Grab your girls and work on making the centerpieces and other decor for your day. There are so many online resources to help you design gorgeous centerpieces that help add to the vibe to your day without breaking the bank.
Your Narrative blog will appear here, click preview to see it live.
For any issues click here
We hope these 5 tips help you stick to your budget and guarantee that you have a special day without feeling like you’ve spent way too much! Let us know if you try any of these money saving hacks!
If you loved this post you will also want to check out “Why You Should Make a List of Priorities.”