With so many options and so many things to consider it can be hard to decide what you and your fiance should wear for your engagement photos. Check out these tips of things to consider while picking out your outfits.
- The purpose of your engagement session is to celebrate you and your future spouse. Sometimes it can be easy to get caught up in trying to look too fancy. The best pictures are when you are comfortable and in outfits that show your personality. There is no need to worry about wearing a formal suit and gown because it will be clear that this not something you are totally comfortable in. Save the fanciness for your wedding day and just be comfortable and showcase your personality for the engagement photos.
- Consider the landscape and the season. Depending on where you are taking photos at it is important to think about the landscape. If you are going to the beach you would look out of place in outfit that looks like you clubbing in the city. Think about the colors of your landscape and what you can wear to not look out of place in your chosen setting. Also consider the season if you are taking winter engagement pictures it will look out of place to not be somewhat bundled up in your pictures.
- Don’t worry about being too matchy! In your engagement photos it is pretty likely you will be standing very close, wrapped up together so if you are both wearing the same hue of blue you will end up just blending together in your pictures. Instead pick colors that compliment each other but that are too similar.
- Be mindful of bright colors and patterns. Every now and then one of you (not both) doing a bold color could work, depending on your setting but typical I would suggest staying with neutral and pastel tones for your engagement photos. Having a funky pattern can be distracting in your pictures and just because cheetah print might be in right now in a few years it could leaving you saying, “What was I thinking?”
- Accessorize! Bringing an accessory can be a fun easy way to liven up your pictures. A cool hat, chunky necklace or printed scarf lets you add fun touches but they are also able to be taken off easily to give you a variety of photo options.
Picking out your engagement photo outfits can be stressful! Hopefully these tips help you go into your session with confidence. Remember to just have fun and let your personality shine through.
Your Narrative blog will appear here, click preview to see it live.
For any issues click here
If you loved this post you will also adore Should You Do a First Look? Check it out for some wedding day advice!